Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dumpster Diving Denied

Yesterday, a friend who knows my joy at finding great things in the trash called from the Cranberry Mall. "There are dumpsters in the parking lot - they're throwing away all the chairs from the theatre." I jumped in my truck, but when I got there, it turned out to be only the seat backs, not the entire chairs, and the guy throwing them away looked too grumpy for me to talk to. Sigh.

So, I guess the reason I posted this was to tell you -- work has already begun on the the new Cranberry Mall theatres. In their Meadville location, the owners have a Sunday afternoon "art" film series which would be pretty cool here as an addition to the fine service Clarion-Venango already provides.

Where the Creek and the River Meet has lots of new updates.

The NYTimes reports that

In May, DC plans to introduce Minx, a line of graphic novels aimed at young adult female readers, starting with six titles in 2007, each retailing for less than $10.

Huh? Minx? Minx? Was "Dirty Slut Comics" already trademarked? Why would a company seek to attractive a teen female demographic by naming its product with a term that means, "a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men"?

No comments: