Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19th, 2008 New Warhol Curator, Saving Handmade Toys, and Free and Legal Downloads

Almost saw the Remora Deign show on Friday, but when the first opener was still setting up a half an hour after the show was supposed to start, I bailed.  On my way out a teen tried to sell my a Wal-Mart gift card in order to get money to see the show.  Ah, youth.


ErieBlogs has started a list of area Twitter users including, yup, me.


A New Castle native has been named the Warhol Museum’s first Milton Fine Curator of Art.


Help Save Handmade Toys in the USA


The 2009 Winter Xeric Winners have been named


I suggested a couple of weeks ago that I didn’t see The Youngstown Playhouse, America’s oldest ongoing community theater, returning from its winter closedown.  The Vindicator follows up on my prognosis here and here.


The Department of Modern and Classical Languages, together with the Academy Theatre, begins the annual International Film Festival at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 21, with a film about the Holocaust, The Counterfeiters.  Film begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Academy Theatre, 275 Chestnut Street.

Free with Allegheny I.D., $6 General Admission, $5 Seniors and Students. 


Free and Legal Downloads

  Throwing Muses Live at Tramps on February 21, 1997

 

  Animal Liberation Orchestra Live at Jamcruise 7, MSC Orchestra-Pool Deck on January 5, 2009

 

  Camper Van Beethoven Live at McCabe's Guitar Shop on April 8, 1988

No comments: