Four major percussion concertos will be performed in the United States over the next month. One of them, "TriplePlay" will be by the Pittsburgh Symphony on Feb. 21.
Reading 200 books in a year? Amateur.
Has PBS outlived its usefulness?
The Independent reports that the painting that adorned the cover of Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation album will be auctioned next week.
Digital Democracy is a Pittsburgh conference that will explore how the digital revolution — including blogs, online video, websites and social media — is changing traditional news media coverage and citizens’ access to the political process.
The event includes national-caliber speakers who are coming to town on Saturday, March 15.
- New York Times Online Politics Editor Kate Phillips, who writes for and edits The Caucus, The New York Times politics news blog.
- Newsbusters.org Executive Editor Matthew Sheffield
- MediaMatters.org Senior Fellow & Director of Special Projects Paul Waldman
- Hearst-Argyle Director of Digital Media Content Jacques Natz
- J-Lab Executive Director Jan Schaffer
- Media Bloggers Association President Robert Cox
Pink Martini has announced an Erie area show, but at $25/ticket, it's out of my range. Check them out at NPR's World Cafe.