Thursday, September 20, 2007

Translated into Chinese

The Meadville Tribune takes a look at the “Krystallos 2007” exhibit in Stonewall Gallery at Campbell’s Pottery (25579 Plank Road between Venango and Edinboro).


"Did you even read the mail from your publisher?" my wife asked me yesterday.

"Nope," I answered, "I saw there was a check in it and threw it in your pile." (We have one of those old-school blue collar relationships where she takes all the myriad checks - and as an artist, there are a lot of random checks - one year I had 12 w-2s - and then works out the budget. I get $20/week, should you be thinking of writer as career choice.)

"You'll want to read it." she said.

And she was right. I'm happy to announce that my book, Masterpieces of the Beat Generation, is being translated into...Chinese (Mandarin? The contract didn't say...). Which, yes, strikes me a strange too.


The Film Chair.com lists the Eerie Horror Film Festival Lineup.


CMJ has announced the nominees for this year's College Radio Award Nominees



The Great Chipped Chopped Ham Challenge. Nuff said.




The Post Gazette continues to struggle to get Web 2.0 down. Now they're pegging their hopes on a JPG magazine-like Photo Contest.


The Pittsburgh City Paper delivers their Fall Arts Preview. There's good news for didgeridoo aficionados. If there are any. Anywhere.


Paul Muldoon is the new poetry editor at The New Yorker.


The NYTimes profiles couchsurfing.com


BookTour.com lists authors coming to your area for readings and book signings. (via)

No comments: