Thursday, July 20, 2006

Erie Book Store Author appearance tomorrow

First the purely self-serving. I'll be appearing at the Erie Book Store this Friday (tomorrow) at 6:30 pm, to promote Small Brutal Incidents. Hope you can make it.

I'll also be at the Cranberry Twp (near Pittsburgh Barnes and Noble's from 1-3 pm on the 29th and the Youngstown B&N from 1-3 on Aug 5th. If you need directions, or have a spot that you'd like me to do a signing, talk, etc drop me a line.

Jazz and Poetry, coming right up! Chuck Joy reads from his new book, Dreamville, while Rob Hoff spins cool jazz and world music on his show, Jazz Flight. tonight at 9PM. WQLN-FM, 91.3. Listen to the stream if you're out of range.

The Oil Heritage Festival starts today. I really wish someone would put the full schedule online as a PDF.

Meadville's SummerFest also kicks off this weekend. Good regional thinking, guys!

Further afield, the Pittsburgh Blues Festival starts tonight. Their full schedule is online.

Peter Greene has a good column about the arts in this morning's News Herald. Watch for it to turn up on his blog Venangoland. Also note the two new permanent links on the left sidebar.

“I have no fans,” he told one interviewer. “You know what I got? Customers. And customers are your friends.” Micky Spillane is dead.

No comments: