Monday, April 28, 2008

It's hard to tell in the photo above, but that's my wife Amy, handing over the fruits of her fundraising efforts ($2500.00 +) to the Venango Chamber Orchestra yesterday. A nice chunk of change for the group, if do say so myself. The concert itself was great (aside from the old guy behind me who, inexplicably, began whistling during one piece.) especially Finlandia.



Usually, when someone asks me what I do, I make something up - some sort of conversation stopper like "Roto-rooter man". If I tell people I'm a writer they say something like "Oh ho! I better watch my grammar around you", or, "I was gonna write a book once", or the very worse of all, "Me too!"
In short, everyone has a story — and everyone wants to tell it. Fewer people may be reading, but everywhere you turn, Americans are sounding their barbaric yawps over the roofs of the world, as good old Walt Whitman, himself a self-published author, once put it.





Free and Legal Downloads:
Portishead at Coachella 2008

Animal Collective at Coachella 2008

No comments: