Tuesday, April 22, 2008

In honor of Earth Day, allow me to promote my own bad self. Rubbish, the new book that has a chapter on my upcycled notebooks, is chock full of earth friendly projects like a lawn chair webbing clutch, Photo-negative lampshade, or a License plate pendant, and is, of course, available at fine bookstores everywhere. As a bonus, it also contains one of the worst pictures ever taken of me, where I look fat(ter), stupid(er), and mean(er) than ever before. The schadenfreude alone is worth the $13.

Also, as long as I'm preening like a disabled, needy peacock, don't forget that I'll be hosting performance poetry workshops at the Lincoln Park Performing Arts School in Pittsburgh on Friday. How do you get me to do one of my many song and dance routines for you and yours? Send me an invitation, silly to talk about what I offer or to customize something for your needs!


High School Musical stars Vanessa Hudgens and Corbin Bleu will take the stage at the Crawford County Fair this year at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18. I'm guessing she will not be available to sign the internet circulated photos of her dishabille, so creepy old guys, save your money.




The Collage Coven is a new etsy storefront created by Franklin -area artists:

The Collage Coven is a group of artists who get together weekly to do art and collage. We decided to make some microscope slide pendants/ornaments with some of our favorite mixed media art




Download, print and build your own pinhole camera, designed exclusively with Corbis images and illustrations. I'm working on the Freud one.




Jan Beatty made fun of me at a reading many years ago, but I was still shocked to see that the Joseph-Beth Booksellers on the South Side of Pittsburgh had issued qualifications as to what poems she could read at her book release party. She's demanding a public apology. Still, though, it is their store and I can't imagine that she would be unable to find any other store to host her party. Tempest in a teapot? Probably, but entertaining nonetheless.




She's Out of My League has taken over the closed portion of the B concourse at Pittsburgh International Airport. Sounds worse than it is. The taking over, I mean. The film sounds dreadful.



Free and Legal Downloads:

For National Poetry Month:

Elizabeth Bishop - "The Fish"

The others:

Andrew Bird Live at Schuba's on August 19, 2004

John Vanderslice Live at The Earl on October 18, 2004

No comments: