Saturday, November 10, 2007

For reasons that I can't go into, it's been an awful week. Let's put it all behind us.



As I was driving my daughter home from school yesterday, from our vantage point on Buffalo Street, we saw a guy on a cherry picker knocking down a building with a hammer brick by brick.
"That can't be the most efficient way to do that," said my daughter.
"You just know he's being paid by the hour," I added. Then, "That's a great shot. I wish I had my camera and the long lens." We drove home and I forgot about it. That's what separates a dilettante like me from a pro like Jerry Sowden:



Speaking of photogs whose talent I envy, John Karian's images of Venango County were chosen to grace the newly-dedicated headquarters of the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy.



Next year's Venango County Digital Film Fest has been scheduled for September 12, 13, 14. Watch for more details.



Emil and the Palookas play Meadville's Gardner Theater (in the Market House)tonight from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. $5.00 Donation (minimum)

The Butler Art Center has issued a Call for Artists for their Annual Holiday Show & Sale at The Art Center. The Deadline is November 16th.


Gypsy Dave and the Stumpjumper's
show at the Docksider in Erie has been moved to January 18th.





Jerome Wincek has announced two new Old Hats shows: November 23 at Oil City's Billy's and Dec 15th at Brother Bean.





Matt Croyle details his adventures as an extra on the Pittsburgh filming of Adventureland.



belsapadore plays tomorrow at Allegheny College's Grounds For Change coffeehouse (where incidentally, I too performed some years ago). the show is free.



Sufjan Stevens is having a Christmas Songwriting Contest.


17 Ways to Get Books for Free.


Mashable lists tools for the indie musician.



Norman Mailer is dead.

No comments: