Friday, October 05, 2007

Best Applefest rumor I've heard so far?

50,000 people are expected at the Poverty Neck Hillbillies concert and the state poice are sending a special riot squad.

I wish I were making that up, but an otherwise sane person told me that with a straight face. It'll be like Altamont, only with knick-knacks.

Best question I was asked last night as I represented my alma mater at the Venango County Colege Fair at the Cranberry Mall?
"There aren't any gays there, are there?"
(which still can't compare to the representative from a government agency who confided to me his worries at last year's College Fair,"'You see, we just can't get the coloreds to apply." Really? I am shocked. Shocked!)




The Derrick lists the winners from the Autumn Leaf Festival Art Show.





The Erie Art Museum will host a workshop on Chado: Japanese Tea Ceremony on Saturday, Oct 13, 2007 at 1 pm in the Erie Art Museum, 3rd Floor Gallery.The cost is $20 for Museum members, and $25 for non-members. Teachers are awarded Act 48 credit. Deadline to register is Thursday, Oct 11, 1007. For more information or to register, contact Kelly Armor at folkart@erieartmuseum.org or call (814) 459-5477.






The Luminescent Orchestrii (think a prettier Gogol Bordello) appears at Penn State Behrend in Bruno's Cafe, located on the second floor of the college's Reed Union Building on Tuesday, Oct 16 at noon. Downloads and streams are here.










The Trib Review previews Pittsburgh's "Bodies" exhibit.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the riot squad show up? "Altamont with knick-knacks"....too funny!

Dittman said...

Sadly, no.