Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Arts Champ Joann Wheeler wrote to tell us the good news that:
. . . "we had 20 people show up for Holly's info session yesterday. And last week over 40 quilters!"
Wonderful!

I'm still stunned that no regional paper carried an article about Eggers' visit to Meadville. Did anyone make it up?

Speaking of Meadville, a 7- by 10-foot art deco-style mural was recently put on display at the former bank building at 940 Park Ave now known as "@theBank", and annoying little mid 90s name if there ever was one.

Newbery and Caldecott medals were awarded in Seattle

The Finalists for the Edgar Award have been announced. When Contemporary forwarded my bookfor consideration, I took a look at the first novel contenders and picked who I thought would win : The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril. My wife chose The Mephisto Club. Neither of them made the final four, so I guess I'm in good company. Now I have to go lay under a blanket and quietly sob.

No comments: