Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Arts Revitalization, Debence's, and Trace Adkins

I spent the afternoon volunteering at the Franklin Public Library's Scholastic Book Fair. It runs through the 24th and is a great way to pick up some gifts and help the library at the same time.

Jerome Wincek, formerly of Big Jack Earl, has updated his Myspace page with new songs.

I keep meaning to head down to DeBence Antique Music World's monthly Sunday lectures. This Sunday it's Christmas Music at 2pm and, of course, free of charge.
By the way, did you know DeBence's has their own wikipedia page?

Head over to the Barrow Civic Theatre on the 24 at 8pm to catch blogger Pete Greene and the rest of the the Franklin Silver Cornet Band performing their Holiday Concert.

Not to beat a dead horse, but "Revitalization through the arts and culture can create benefits that support local and national interests and objectives." and "For every $1 spent on a ticket, $3 to $5 more is added to the local economy. We are not simply talking about the actors and the production people, but the piano tuners and the printers and the kids hired as ushers for productions." Or at least that's what people above my pay grade think.

Country music star Trace Adkins will perform at the 2007 Crawford County Fair on August 23 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets also will be available online. I don't think I'll be there. I'm more of an "old country" type of guy.

1 comment:

Chris Griswold said...

I wrote the DeBence article. And the Silver Cornet Band article. And I've begun one on Shauna Howe.