Monday, July 10, 2006

Finished the book, let's talk about beer...

So, apologies to all my friends and relatives who I ignored or treated rudely the last two weeks as I finished my manuscript (currently titled, by Greenwood, Masterpieces of the Beat Generation -- yes, I know it sound like a K-Tel album, but I just write 'em). For the first time in three years, I don't have a deadline hanging over my head for my next book. I still owe Contemporary Press a book, but there's no timetable and I didn't take the money yet. I don't know what to do with all my time. Thank God school starts next month...

The Oil Region Astronomical society has an Astronomy for Beginners program this weekend, 8:00 PM - Saturday, June 17. Observatory tours are being offered and if the skies are clear, observations with the observatory telescope. If nothing else, you might want to go to show your support for an, ahem, different approach to Two Mile Run management.

Pete Greene's Venangoland has been updated with a post entitled "Legislative Lameness".

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette profiles Crawford County's Sprague Farm & Brew Works . . . of course, I and the Meadville Tribune did the same thing months ago, but I won't mention the scoop. The Brewery is holding an opening party on Friday. The article also name checks the Erie Brewing Company (which offers tours by appointment), Erie's new brewpub The Brewerie at Union Station, Meadville's to be opened Voodoo, and Titusville's Four Sons...

Speaking of beer, a little known secret was that New Wilmington's Tavern on the Square had been brewing its own beer and giving it away (!) But the Tavern has announced that the restaurant is closing.

Conneaut Lake's Tumble Bug is back in action.

PNC Park makes PETA's honorable mention as veg friendly ballparks. How would the Uht check in? Let me wipe the Smith's hotdog from my fingers and I'll do some research...

No comments: