Friday, December 02, 2005

Movie Time!

Sometime ago, (this summer to be exact) I was writing here about the failure of the Academy Theatre's attempt to bring summer stock to the area. Although it fired up every local theatre person I know (they were, after all, paying their actors) I said that it seemed like there was some more going on that I didn't get. Luckily for us, the Meadvile Trib explains it all for us.

Where does the time go? The 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival has already opened its call for entries and is seeking independently produced feature length and short horror/science fiction films and screenplays from around the world!

The great Pittsburgh show space The Mr Roboto Project gets called on the carpet for an allegedly racist show poster.

Speaking of Pittsburgh and movies, the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts and Pittsburgh Filmmakers have merged.

Finally, a holiday-ish song to kick off the weekend, Allison Crowe's "In The Bleak Mid-Winter" . Is it cheesy and Starbuck-y? Yup. But my motto is start slow and finish strong and my holiday MP3s include James Brown this year!

No comments: