Sunday, September 18, 2005

Dublin Carol and BJE at North Country Brewing

Dublin Carol is over. We had good crowds both nights. As a director, I wasn't too pleased. I couldn't get my vision of the horror, banality, and terror that the main charatcer was going through across to the actors or the audience. I brooded all weekend, but feel better now.

At least we had good music for the show
Pre-show:
1. The River (I have no clue who the artist is, but he has an 80s, Peter Gabriel sort of vibe to him. In a good Lloyd Dobbler sort of way, not a patchouli WOMAD sort of way)
2. So What - Miles Davis
3. Laramie - Amy Ray
5 A day in Space - Ballboy
6 Black Keys - the Lengths
7. Pictures of You - The Cure (instrumental Symphony version)

Intermission
8. Danko/Manuel - Drive By truckers
10 Paperthin Farmer Not So John

And then of course, as people are shuffling out:
11. St Beautiful - Big Jack Earl - Who it must be noted are playing at North Country Brewing in Slippery Rock PA tonight from 7-10 pm. I'll be there. You should too.

No comments: