Monday, August 22, 2005

Once more to the Breech

I'm almost recovered from The Tempest. Last Saturday was the craziest performance I've ever been involved with. When the rain started, I asked the sound guy and the Venango Video people if they were worried about their equiptment - they said they were fine, so we went with it. It started in sprinkles and ended in a downpour. The cast was game and the stage manager, Paige, saved the day trying to guide the actors to the drier spots backstage.

For some reason I'm doing it all over. The read through for Dublin Carol is tonight. Show dates September 15 &16th at 8 pm in the Little Theatre. Someday I'll remember that it's OK to say "No". It's a great cast though, so that will make it a little easier, although it's a pretty depressing story...

Today is also the first day of class - it's so funny to see the freshmen scurrying across campus - a good number of them wearing brand new clothes. I just want to hug them and say "Your mom took you back to school shopping didn't she"? The girls are less trashy this year - two years ago the campus looked like a stripper convention - and My God they all look so young...
We have more developmental students than ever this year- and what makes that more depressing is that the majority of our students come from local schools.

Let me say right up front that I'm not a Clay Aiken fan. But despite that, and the fact that people involved with the fair who I talked to said sales were really disappointing fot he Aiken concert, the Meadville trib sure make it sound like it was a good time...

Now indie films are jumping on the blog bandwagon...

No comments: