Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm really kind of bummed that an ungodly huge theatre is coming to Crawford County, but then again, I still mourn the small, but beautiful Drake Theatre in Oil City...You can see the filmopolis' web site here...
A New Castle company is shooting Hunter S Thompson's ashes into the night sky....
Titusville residents are looking for more info on a painting. Strangely, the Titusville Herald did not post a picture of it...
Crawford County Fair tickets seem to be selling slowly. Clay Aiken's time seems to have come and gone...
While I realize that I'm a little late to the party on this one, I'm still intrigued by what is, as far as I know, the area's only low power radio station...
Although it's neither arts nor culture, if you're mad about the legislature's pay raise, this might interest you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't fear the new Meadville theatre. Have you been the "cinema" in downtown Meadville? It's an absolute joke. Small screens, broken seats, mono sound, it's an abomination. And since the Fahrenheit 9/11 controversy pretty much killed the movie series at the Academy Theatre, a new, nice theatre is way better then the crap we have now.

Dittman said...

Thanks for reading.
It's not that I fear it - I've been to that little theatre in Meadville lots of time and you are right - it's lacking in every way - I just wish that some of the grand old theatres still existed, or that we had the foresight to preserve them at the time (a la this website ). . .I do go to modern megaplexes, but they're all the same no matter where I am in the US and that sort of creeps me out. Do I hope the Meadville theatre succeeds? Absolutly. But I do think there's room in the market for both kinds of theatres.

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! There is joy springing from my breast concerning the independent radio station! Low-powered, though it may be, this area is desperate to get behind such an enterprise. I hope to find a way to contribute very soon.